Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Stars and Checkers: A Quilt

I finished this little guy last week, but wanted to wait till it was closer to the holiday to show you. He was put up for bid this weekend in a silent auction to benifit airmen and their families on the base Mr. B works at.




I had fun working on this and am very happy with the way it turned out. My seams have improved vastly over the past year, look how nicely al those corners line up! It was hard to part with this one, it would have made a beautiful seasonal wall haning, but it went to a good cause. I am sure it will be loved and appriciated in it's new home. 




I finished it late in the evening and Mr. B needed to take it in the following morning, nothing like waiting to the last minute!! I wanted to get some pictures of the finished product, but the light was just a tad on the crappy side.

Note to self, finish projects a few days in advanced so you can do a nice 'photo shoot' outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment