Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Patio

Remember when I told you how we 'deconstructed' our porch garden in preparation for a patio. Well it was finally dry enough for the concrete guy to do his thing.

We started with this.
Well after we moved all my flowers and the rocks and let the weeds take over.



Then this was dumped in our driveway.
Thanks Gus for helping me show the scale of the pile-o-gravel.


Then our guy came and moved some of the dirt and gravel. He framed it up and compacted. I insisted on leaving that shrub. It gets beautiful pink flowers and the humming birds love it. I also needed to have rounded corners. No square slab of concrete for me.No way Jose.


The following day he drilled the re-bar into our porch and laid the rest of it. Unfortunately, this step is not pictured. Once again I was distracted by the cuteness of geese.

Now we have this.


I'm off to start scheming and drawing up plans for Mr B. to build me a brick counter and grill.




No comments:

Post a Comment