Monday, July 15, 2013

Oh My, Pie

Can you believe it, it's the middle of July already. Were has the summer gone. I still have a long list of honey-do projects. And my Pinterest list continues to grow. 
 
Now that its July our garden seams to have sprung up over night, along with the weeds. I can't keep up with them any more. I'd show you pictures of the vegetable garden, but I'm too ashamed of the weeds that are competing with the tomatoes and carrots. Yikes!
 
July also means that the bugs are out in full force. The mosquitoes are especially fierce this year. Let's not talk about the flies.I have the bites and the scabbies on my legs to prove it. I can't help it, they itch. And I must itch until they bleed, them I must pick the scabbies. I know it's horrible and I'm working on it.
 
This weekend I braved the flies and the skeeters and picked some raspberries. They are just starting. By next weekend we shall have a plethora of berries. But this past weekend I picked enough to make something. Can you guess. Really the title of the post gives it away. That's right a pie.
 
A scrum-didilie-umptus pie.
 


 
 
I think I'm going to cut myself a piece right now. And wouldn't you know, we have vanilla ice cream to go on top.


No comments:

Post a Comment