Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Screen Door Suprise

Ever since we 'finished' the mud room. I use the little quotes around finished cause well, it's not quite finished. It's more than usable we just need to install trim around the window and door and a base board. You know little things. I'm sure it will be done by Thanksgiving, of next year.
 
Any way, ever since it became a functional room I have been bugging Mr. B that we need a screen door for it. It has the exterior steal door, with no window. It would be nice to be able to leave it open to light in the light and the fresh air but not the bugs and geese. You see I have this bad habit of not shutting anything, drawers, cupboards, doors. I was always leaving it open. With a screen door I wouldn't have to worry about it.
 
 I had my heart set on one of the wooden full screen doors. You know the ones with the spring that just slam shut.My Granny had one in her house when I was growing up. The house that her and her father built. My sister and I would always get scolded, not by her, never by her, by our parents every time we visited not to slam the door. It was fitting that our house have one too.
 
Well when I came home from work on Saturday Mr.B had a surprise for me.
 
 
 
And I let it slam every time I open it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment