Friday, June 28, 2013

Kitchen Island

Two weeks ago Mr. B built me an island for the kitchen.

And why am I just telling you about this now?

Well you see I wanted to wait until it was completely done, as in I painted the base of it. But then I got babies and was distracted by the cuteness. And then it got humid, not good for painting and I'm planing on using oil based paint so really not good. And now I have plans for most of the weekend. So it will be at least another week before I get it finished and I couldn't wait that long to show you. More specifically my mother has been bugging me to show her pictures. Luv ya mom!



I helped with the construction.
I measured and marked all the boards.


Gus helped too.
He supervised from the shade under the truck.




Mr. B got to use his "father's day" present. A Kreg Jig. It helps you make perfect pocket holes every time. It's an awesome little tool and made the building process that much easier. His furry and feathery kids got it for him. (in other words it he wanted it and I knew it would make his honey do that much more fun to build, so I used the pretence of father's day to get it.)



Yeah that's a butcher block top on it. We picked it up a few months ago when they were on sale. It is like having a giant cutting board. Although I still use a cutting board on top of it, I'm not ready to mar it up just yet. But let me tell you rolling out crusts and doughs is soooo much easier on this bad boy. The table and chairs we had, well lets just say we got it a few years ago at the Wal-mart and they've seen better days. It was a tad on the wobbly side. Like hold on to the table when we whip up frosting in the kitchen-aid for fear it will bounce of the table wobbly.



Very nice Mr. B. Very nice.

I'll show you some more after photos once I get it painted.
Promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment