Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Baby Geese!!

Oh yes I did.


You knew I couldn't stay away. I need to have geese, almost like I need air, or water, or food, or chocolate. They are part of the essence of my soul.

Mr. B, probably one of the most awesomest husbands ever, drove me to pick these little guys up last Thursday. He even encouraged me to get all four, rather than just the three I was originally going to purchase.


 These little fuzzy-wuzzies are American Buff Geese, my favorite breed. The Buffs we've had in the past have been by far the nicest and friendliest geese.




They are now almost two weeks old. They are spoiled and get to spend the night in the mud room and as of right now during the day as well. At least when we aren't there to watch them. I am finishing up a predator-proof play pen, remember we have hawks, so they will be able to enjoy the fresh air while we are at work.


They have already imprinted on Mr. B and I. They follow us around the yard and are quite sad when we put them to bed for the night. I need to turn the fan on high so I don't hear their peep-peeps while they cry it out.

No names as of yet, soon though. I want to get to know their personalities before we name them. I'm thinking we are going to need a Howard and a Bernadette.

No comments:

Post a Comment