Wednesday, June 5, 2013

We Interupt This Broadcast

I'm forgoing the usual Wednesday post to give you some sad news, with a happy ending. 

Remember when I told you about the sassy geese. I omitted exhibit C. The truck. Bruce and Christmas liked to sit under the truck and nibble at the wires. While the ABS light came on a while ago and we finally had it looked at. The wiring needed to be done. To the tune of $300. Yeah Mr B. and I were not happy campers when we got that news.  After much contemplation we decided when needed to get rid of the geese. These two boys are by far the sassiest geese we have had in the past three years. I blame it on the fact they are males and we got them when they were older, we didn't have the time to bond with them like we did the other goslings. 

This past weekend I put on add up on Craigslist. By Monday I had received and inquiry. Tonight Doug and Wendy came and collected the boys. So yes it is sad that they are gone and I'm sure it will hit me tomorrow when I get home from work and there are no obnoxious geese to chase the car up the drive way. 

But it is happy. 

Bruce and Christmas are going to join Leroy, another Toulouse goose who is lonely, he lost his friends a few days ago. They will be spoiled rotten and get to eat all the cracked corn their bellies can hold. Did I mention they will have their own pond. No more kiddie pool, an actual pond. 

The fact that they are going to such a wonderful home with such nice people makes giving them up easier. I have been promised and update in the next few days which I will happily share with you. 

And don't think that this girl will be going gaggle-less forever. I'm sure there will be baby peep-peeps some were in our future. Unless I can convince Mr. B that a goat would be better, the Acres could use a Norma Jeanne.  

No comments:

Post a Comment