Thursday, June 7, 2012

Hallway Redo

I am pleased to say I located the camera!! Enjoy the photos of the upstairs hallway, I already showed you the stairs case redo. The hallway just continues the awesomeness.

We tore up all the carpet and repainted. Mr. B and I chose a nice neutral tan for the walls and a soft white for the trim. We only have one ceiling light in the hall and it is in an awkward location. We needed to do everything we could to optimize the brightness. Going along with the stairs and to brighten it up some more, we opted to paint the floor up here too. A detailed post on this to come.

Take a left at the top of the stairs and you will head toward the bedrooms. My mother and I decided the walls up there were rather bare. (actually all the walls in my house are rather bare). We, my mother and I as Mr. B could really care less as to what we put on the walls, wanted something that was colorful on the beige wall but yet functional. Most importantly we wanted to use things I already had.

We came up with this:



We hung a up a mirror and next to it a curtain rod. We knotted all of my scarfs on the rod for some added color. Pretty nifty I think and useful. Now I can double check that my scarf is tied just so before I head down the stars as part of my grand entry. You know like in the movie She's All That.

 Notice that crazy thing going on above the scarfs, we think that is were the old stove pipe came out. When the carpeting was tore up this patch job was on the floor underneath it. As with alot of the quirks in our old house we just roll with it. It's a nice conversation starter anyway.

 


If you would take a right at the top of the stairs you would enter what is going to be the library/office/command center. I promised Mr. B that someday we could get a second TV for up there so he could have a space to game undisturbed. Mainly so he could be out of sight and out of mind while gaming and it wouldn't interfear with Dancing With the Stars.


This space looks 100% better that what it did at the beginning of the year, again I never thought to take before pictures and am kicking myself now. For now we hung a few things on the walls and put some extra furniture in there. I am sure in the next few months it will change, I have big plans for this space and a whole board on Pinterest full of inspiration. I am in the slow process of perusing Craigslist for the perfect pieces of furniture, in my price range!


The farm picture is an actual photo of our house that was painted over. The previous owner gave it to us last year. How cool is that!! The chair was a thrift store find and my dad sanded and refinished it and my mother helped me make new cushions for it. The book shelf will be moving out of this space as soon as i can find something to replace it with, not to fear I have a plan to give it a face lift for use in another space. The library table was my great grandmothers. The picture does not do it justice it is an amazing piece of furniture.

The process of making our house a home is coming along nicely. Now that the hall and the side room are close to being done, well at least painted, I cannot wait to get started on the other rooms!





No comments:

Post a Comment