Thursday, June 14, 2012

Triumph

I DID IT!

I baked a pie! First pie ever for this girl. The presentation needs some work, my crust edges aren't picture perfect, but it tastes amazing! The strawberry rhubarb combo is oh so delicious. 


I used my trusty cook book for a butter crust recipe and searched the Internet for a strawberry filling that would require no trips to town for extra ingredients. Most of the strawberry ones I found required tapioca, well we gots none of that on the acres. I managed to find this recipe. It is a really moist pie and a little on the runny side, so I might be changing it up next time.

My Granny makes the best pies ever, but doesn't every one's granny? I have a lot to live up to in the pie department. I know she makes her crust with lard, I might have to give that a try next time. I know doesn't sound so appetizing but it's the bestest flakiest crust that you will ever taste. 

I would have to say this adventure was a success and pie has defiantly been added to the rotation of baked goodies that come out of my kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment