Sunday, May 6, 2012

Chocolate Cake with Hazelnut Buttercream Frosting


It's been rainy out lately. No yard work being done here. And it has been too gloomy and dark to do any decent painting. The stairs are almost done, can't wait to show you! I got quite a pile of sewing done this weekend. Tonight I thought I would give the machine a break tonight and bake a cake. After all my coworker's birthday is tomorrow. 




I decided to go with a simple chocolate cake and fancy it up with hazelnut frosting. Really cake, in my opinion is mainly about the frosting, that's what makes it divine. Now Mr. B, he would scrap all that gooey sugary deliciousness every time. I know, I married a man who DISLIKES frosting!! The horror! 




I used the old stand by chocolate cake, the never fail me Better Homes and Gardens recipe. Now for the frosting I made the usual butter cream with a secret ingredient. 



Yup, that's right hazelnut creamer.

 I discovered this on accident one day when I was making frosting and there was NO milk, cream, or half and half to be had. It turned out delicious and it goes fabulous with chocolate cake. Sprinkle a few chocolate shavings on top and call her a day. Now off to do all those dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment