Thursday, May 17, 2012

Bernice Eloped

Bernice has been missing since last night. We were gone all day and she didn't come and great the car as usual when we got home. I was a bit worried but figured she was around and would be back in the morning. Still nothing when I left for work this morning. When I got home I walked the yard hoping that she was just late to build a nest and was hunkered down some were. Nothing. Called the neighbors, nothing. I am going to give it a few more days but my heart is telling me she is not coming home. I would like to believe that she met a nice gander and they entered a whirlwind romance and she decided to elope with him. Most likely  her fate was far worse than that. I had distanced myself all last fall and winter and was just starting to let my self bond. She was starting to let me pick her up and put her on my lap. We live in the country and let our geese free range so things like this are inevitable, but it still sucks every time. 



No comments:

Post a Comment