Friday, January 25, 2013

The 'Sitting Room'

Hey there stranger!
I feel like I have been slacking lately and racking my brain with things to share with you. It's January and there really isn't much going on around here. There has been lots of snuggling on the couch with my boys, movie watching, and popcorn eating. Mr. B makes the best homemade popcorn. There has been no home improvement, no building projects, and no baking.

It's still January and the 'new year's resolutions' are still fresh in my mind. You know eat more vegetables and exercise more. Hence no cake. Although I've been seeing quite a few on pinterest. I think a chocolate cake might be in order for this weekend.

I took these pictures of while ago. I really didn't like how they turned out, I don't think the lighting is the best. But I thought I would share them any way.

Off of our bedroom is another smaller room. Since you have to walk through the master bedroom to get to it we thought we would make it part of the "master suite" rather than a guest bedroom.

I like to call it the "sitting room".

 

The curtains are one of my favorite things about this space. Nice and feminine with out being over the top. My mom helped me pick them out. Thanks mom!


The furinture is from my great granny. She bought it when she was first married. The bottom drawer of the dresser has the date the set was purchased and the price. She was always writting notes like that on things.  


The peacock feathers are left overs from our wedding. We hit the one year mark last week!

I think it would be the perfect spot to enjoy a cup of coffee in the morning while wearing a soft fluffy rob looking out over the back yard. I can dream right.

No comments:

Post a Comment