Monday, January 7, 2013

A Weekend of Curtains

This past weekend Mr. B had to work. Which means I was productive around the house and was able to cross some things off my crafty to do list.

I made curtains.

For the bathroom.


For the past two years I have had a nasty plain white curtain up in our bathroom. The location of the room and the fact that it is well a loo, demands some privacy. The curtain was hideous, therefore there is no before picture. For those of you who have been to the acres you know how horrible the curtain purchased from the big box store that will not be named (couch Wal-Mart) was. 

The new one is much nicer. So glad I finally got around to this project, I've only been sitting on the fabric since we bought the house. Better late than never.


I opted to go with a half curtain, more like two thirds. It lets in so much light. I am also able to open the window from the top and that will still allow for some nice airflow come the summer without blowing the curtain all over the place. 

I also got around to making the curtain for our bedroom closet. 


You heard that right a closet. For the fist two years, while our bedroom was on the fist story we had make shift closets that Mr. B built us. Not any more. The only down side is our current one didn't have a door. Well it had one of the nasty accordion vinyl doors. Needless to say that had to go. 


I found the fabric while with my mom and aunt. I don't know what I was thinking when I bought it, it was a tad  on the expensive side. But that happens when you are with those two... Not saying that I don't like it because it is perfect.


It makes the room look that much more complete. When I bought it I was hoping to have enough to make a throw pillow or reupholster a rocking chair. Good thing I bought as much as I did after I finish the hem I will have only a few inches to spare. (Yes I still need to hem it.)

It was the weekend of sewing curtains. (and reading books I did spend most of Saturday reading). But really it was the weekend of sewing and baking sweet rolls.


Yummm. 

Lemon Blueberry Sweet Rolls. 

Those had to go to work before I devoured the whole pan. 

BTW (Mary, that means by the way) This is my 100th post!! Thanks for tagging along so far!







No comments:

Post a Comment