Tuesday, January 22, 2013

"Making Ice" Weather

It is cold out.

It is beyond cold out.

The jeep barely started this morning.

  My kitchen is cold despite new windows and insulation in the mud room. Like wear your slippers or your tootsies will freeze walking on the floor, cold. Good thing mom bought us nice slippers for Christmas. Thanks mom!

The geese are cold. They are surviving, but cold. They took their baths yesterday and the water froze to there feathers. It looked like they were covered in white sprinkles. It got down to negative thirteen last night, that was with out the wind chill. I wanted them to spend the night in the mud room or basement. I was vetoed by Mr. B. They made it through the night. Good thing geese are such hardy birds.

 The high today is supposed to be under ten. Yes single digits! I'm sure they will spend most of their day huddled on the corner of the porch. They spent most of the day there yesterday and sassed me the whole time I was unpacking groceries and making dinner. They stand at the window and honk at me. Then Mr. B goes up and starts talking to Bruce. Bruce starts to hiss at him. Obviously Mr. B has to hiss back.

While we hate the cold, Mr B. is happy. It's making ice. Sturgeon spearing is coming up next month.  







No comments:

Post a Comment