Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Postage Stamp Quilt - The Beginning

Fall is officially upon us. It's time to get out there and cut back the gardens and rake the leaves. Ok, I don't rake, I mulch them with the mower. More accurately Mr. B mulches them with the mower, while I work in the gardens. You know we should really get started on that. But Mr. B has been working late most of this week and the sewing machine has been calling. It's a call I cannot ignore. 

Time for a scrap busting project, my bins are nearing the point of overflowing! I've been working on a postage stamp quilt. Each of those little squares finished at 1.5 inches. 




My intention is to make a large throw quilt. That would mean making 99ish blocks. I'm starting to think I might need to devise an alternate layout - still using mainly scraps! We'll see....

Had to share this nice shot of Mr Erwin. 
He's so handsome. 



No comments:

Post a Comment