Wednesday, October 1, 2014

What's New on the Homefront

 
I was looking through my phone to see what pictures I had to share with you. You know kinda like a glimpse - here's what I've neglected to share with you for the past oh month-and-a-half.
 
I managed to get some canning in this year, despite the fact I let the garden go and the weeds took over. Weeds as tall as me. (YIKES) 'Twas not the year of the garden. But we did get some jars of dilly beans, some salsa, and pizza sauce. I also tried pickles using this recipe. Delish.
 
 
I've been sewing sporadically. Started working on some block for a sampler quilt. Also, a super top secrete project involving ALOT of pink that will be ready for it's big reveal soon.
 
 
Goose hunting opened a few weeks ago, Mr. B has been stalking the Canadians several nights a week. Did you know the season runs all the way into DECEMBER? Yeah, I'm already ready to have it over. Speaking of geese, anyone have any good recipes? I know that I'm going to make the bulk of it into jerky - we did that last year, but I'm willing to try something new. Also any recommendations on dehydrators? I'm going to purchase my own.
 
 Other than that not a whole lot. No house projects. We've been visiting family, watching football, family dinners, going to a crab boil, oh and my new little nephew arrived four weeks ago! Bad Auntie, no pictures.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment