Friday, October 10, 2014

Frolicking Foxes - A Finished Quilt



I love making baby quilts, it has to be my favorite type of sewing! It gives me an opportunity to try out new things and color pallets - with out committing to a full bed quilt. That and I know they will go to a good home and get to wrap a little bundle of joy in love. A quilt has become my go to gift to welcome little ones into our family and circle of friends. 




I enjoyed working with the muted colors in this quilt. I stuck with a simpler patter, the disappearing nine patch, to let the fabric shine. I just love the foxes poking out, adds a little whimsy. For the back I stepped outside my norm and tried using minky, a soft snuggle fabric. It went rather well, lots of pins in basting. I have a feeling it may become my go to backing choice for baby quilts!



4 comments:

  1. visiting from crazy mum quilts. Love this. Lucky baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! I can't tell.. are those little foxes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops, should have looked more closely at your title!

    ReplyDelete