Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Eggs

How was your weekend? Did you get a lot accomplished?
We did manage to get a few things done. Along with getting in a fight with a garden rake and giving myself a black eye and Erwin knocking over my Easter egg tree and smashing the vase to smithereens at 3am Sunday morning - great timing!

Mr B and I put up a new fence around our patio with a gate this time, not one but two gates! More details and pictures to come later this week - when it stops raining.

We also candled all of the geese eggs, simple description and instructions found here. We managed to shoo the ladies off there nests and checked every egg to see if it was fertile. Out of 37 eggs - yes just over three dozen NONE were. (sad face). We then sexed the one goose that wasn't nesting, to the best of my knowledge she is a female. I think it is safe to say we have all geese and no ganders. I was rather disappointed. Oh how I wanted to have fuzzy wuzzy baby geese running around the acres this spring. Maybe I'll get the girls a beau for next season...

Sunday afternoon we had dinner at Mr B's parents. They have a robins nest just outside their window. At least they will get to watch some baby birds this spring.



No comments:

Post a Comment