Friday, January 24, 2014

The Sunshine Quilt


If you can remember back a year ago, I showed you this photo. I was just starting the process of hand quilting the Sunshine Quilt. It was going to be the very first quilt I started with every intention to keep for myself.




Well It's finally finished!! The picture really doesn't to it justice. You have to see this one in person to appreciate the quilting. I'm really proud of the way this one turned out. I stepped outside of my normal quilting of following the seam and block patterns. Every large square has four petal flower, similar to a dog-wood flower. The rectangles and borders have loopy designs, if you look closely at the picture above you can kinda see it.  




 From the amount of snow in the picture, or lack there of, you can tell it's been done for a while. A good thing to, it's been so very cold and dreary outside. It's nice to have a warm quilt that reminds me of spring to snuggle under.

No comments:

Post a Comment