Thursday, March 14, 2013

Throw Pillows

In-between applying coats of polyurethane to our floor this weekend, I was able to whip up the reaming three pillow covers for the couch. I went simple on these three. Eventually somewhere down the line I am going to make some patch work quilted ones. But for now, just to get some more color in the room I went with a simple print.

We have an orange-ish one. This is my favorite print. (I bought extra fabric just to stash away)




I also made a navy one.


 


And this red one. Now the red one was originally going to be a pom-pom pillow like this one. I had this idea pinned for months now. I made it. I liked it, but there was something.. My mother saw it and didn’t. She said it was to wintery. Perhaps it was. I had this red print tucked away I made a replacement for the poms. I think I bought it as a end of bolt special. You can’t pass up a decent print at 50% off when you have an additional 20% coupon! I’m like the pillow, I’m just not sure it goes with the other three. I will have to think on this awhile. Like I said eventually I would like to make some patch work ones. I can always teak apart the cover and reuse the fabric in a quilt. 



As for the pom-poms, I tucked it away for the time being. I might rework it for a smaller pillow...I think that's what it was. To big of a pillow, needs a smaller form to be more cozy.

Guillermo update: Still limping but doing much better. He is keeping up with the flock and sassing the dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment