Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Scrappy Baby Quilt

I started this quilt top early last fall. I was using up some of my scraps, trying out this method. I made enough blocks for a baby quilt. I sewed them together and added a boarder. Then it sat for months.



I was recently invited to a shower for Mr. B’s cousin. They are expecting their first baby, a little girl. I pulled some pink, yellow, and purple fabric to make a quilt for her. Then I remembered the scrappy rainbow one. I couldn’t decided if I should make a “girly” quilt or give her the one that was already pieced. I opted for the scrappy one, it had bits and pieces left over from the wedding quilt I made for her parents.
I was brave, and crunched for time, and the amount of seems was intimidating for my un-thimble fingers (really never figured out how to use one of those) I opted to quilt this with my machine instead of my go to hand quilting. I started in the middle and worked my way out in a swirl/rectangle pattern. I finished off the binding, washed and dried it. Now it’s off to the post office to be sent to its new home.



On another note when we came home from church and brunch on Sunday, where I had the worst bloody mary ev-ah (all vodka with a splash of watery tomato juice, no spice no salt YUCK!) and discovered that I heart eggs benedict, we found this on our porch. Talula-Bell is starting to nest!


No comments:

Post a Comment