Sunday, November 11, 2012

The Bed

Mr. B and I had a specific look in mind when it came to our bed. We wanted something simple and sturdy and in expensive. I searched Craig's list for months and couldn't find anything that we both agreed on. I did find these plans from Ana White, we would keep coming back to them. Finally we decided to take the plunge and build it.


We did modify the plans slightly. We made the headboard shorter to fit under whatever it is sticking out on that wall. I attached the frame slightly differently from the plans. Originally I had planned on painting it white to match the dressers. But thankfully my mother talked me out of that and convinced me to stain it. It would have been too much white in the room . Staining it makes the bed stand out.


I am so happy with they way it turned out. It has to be my favorite piece of furniture in the whole house. I am glad we decided to build something we both liked verses settling on buying something that was so-so.

No comments:

Post a Comment