Tuesday, October 30, 2012

New to Us Dressers

Remember when I showed you this. I told you I would finish them in the next six months.

  

I beat my deadline!! They're done. Told you we have been busy.
 I took two beat up dressers found on Craig's list. ($100 for a matching pair of solid wood dressers, you can't beat that)They when from looking like this.


With a little paint and some TLC they now look like this.


And this. 
Remember matching pair. 


Mr. B installed new drawer slides on all thirteen drawers. The existing ones were a tad beat up. They slide much better now. 
(He used the heavy duty ones for kitchen cupboards.) 

Rather than buying all new hardware we just updated the existing brass looking ones. Spray paint. Much classier in the dark brown. 


They now reside in the master suite, full reveal coming soon I promise. For the first time since he was eight, Mr. B has a dresser for his clothes.
Crazy, I know, but we aren't going there, 

No comments:

Post a Comment