Thursday, October 18, 2012

Mud Room Progress Part II

Just wanted to give you an update on the mudroom. Remember how Mr. B had drywalled and put down the sub floor a few weeks ago. The plan was for my to do the mudding myself, I even borrowed the proper tools and got a crash course from a friend who used to do it professionally. Well the room sat for a while with nothing being done. We have been busy working on the "master suite". (The big reveal is coming soon I promise.) Any way we have been working on a gazillion other projects around the house and the mudding got pushed to the back burner.

Two weeks ago Mr. B suggested that we just give in on this one and hire someone to do it. It would save us time and it would save my sanity. Seriously, there is always so much to do around here and too little time! I called around and found someone who could do it without braking the bank.



I think it turned out wonderfully. I do feel a tad guilty for not doing it myself but it was so liberating to come home last night and have it done. Now all I have to do is find time to prime and paint the walls and lay the flooring. And get Mr. B to put up the trim and baseboards and make me a storage bench and hang coat hooks and get a work bench..you know the easy stuff!

For now let's just relish in the fact that it is mudded and looking great.

No comments:

Post a Comment