Friday, October 19, 2012

A Pair of Baby Quilts


A good friend of mine is having a baby in a few weeks. Actually she is having babies. The new mom and dad are going to have not one but two little boys to love.

As a welcome baby present I made..... you guessed it, a quilt for each of the little munchkins. Since they are twins I just had to do something matchy-matchy. Each little boy will have his own quilt in the same pattern as his btother but in a different color schemes, one in oranges and the other in blues.




I was able to whip these two quilt tops together in an afternoon using fabric from my stash. 




The quilting took a little longer. Both are hand quilted with white thread, using a simple cross hatch pattern.




I found the cutest flannel for the backing keeping with the monochromatic theme.

(Monochromatic is a big word meaning all one color, makes me look smarter don't you think?)




These two will be off to their new homes were I hope they will be well used and loved.

4 comments:

  1. really cute, love the non-trad baby colours :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. love these!

    one afternoon? tell me how.... I am so slow when it comes to piecing and quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Liz!! Strip piecing for something like this is your bff. There are some awesome tutorials out there on how to do it. Amada Jean has a great one on making for a 36 patch block. The quilt tops came together in the afternoon, they are small 32*38. The quilting took several evenings snuggled on the couch catching up on my shows. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are fantastic! My friends are all having babies right now and I am definitely having to make a bunch of baby quilts for the rest of the year!:)

    ReplyDelete