Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Think Spring - A Finished Quilt

I managed to find some time last week to finish the quilting on the Think Spring Quilt. And I was able to sew on the binding over the weekend. Perfect timimg. Over the weekend I must have seen at least a dozen robins! And the wild geese, ducks, and cranes are starting to return.


 



For the quilting I used the walking foot on my Juki and stitched about a quarter inch away from the seam lines to make a grid. I didn't think that was quite enough, so I added diagonal lines across each large square.




For the backing I used a vintage sheet that has been in my stash for a while. The floral patter reminds me of spring and the color scheme matched perfectly. This seamed like the perfect opportunity to use it.




The quilt finishes at about 64 x 56, a good size for lap quilt.




No comments:

Post a Comment