Sunday, August 25, 2013

Project Five Dollar File Cabinet

I stopped by a thrift store last week, just to look. Well I had to go back later that weekend with the truck to bring home the load of goodies that were on hold for me, you see they wouldn't fit in the MINI. I found this beauty. Yeah she's a little rough around the edges, but she's heavy duty, all the drawers work, and the hard wear has great character. For five dollars I couldn't pass her up. I've been on the hunt for a file cabinet for the sewing room/home office for a while. The plastic tote we have just isn't cutting it any more. Four drawers might be a tad over kill for our paperwork, but I'm sure I will be able to fill the remaining drawers up with crafty stuff. 


I had planned to take off the hardware before I painted her. I didn't notice until we got it home that they were riveted on. So it was on to plan B, very carefully tape around every thing. I got excited and started taping before I managed to take the before picture.

I wanted to go with a deep rich color to bring out the hardware on the drawers. Since I'm not a hunter green or maroon person I settled on navy blue. 


Five cans of spray paint later, she looks great. The cabinet adds a pop of color to my new sewing room, more details and a full reveal on that coming later this week. 


No comments:

Post a Comment