Thursday, February 28, 2013

Keeping Busy

We've been chipping away at a bunch of small projects using the supplies we stocked up on from our last trip to the hardware store. I say we, but in reality Mr. B has been keeping himself busy at night. .

Not that I've been sitting on my fanny doing nothing. We have had delicious home made dinners every night this week not to mention the chocolate cupcakes that I made Tuesday night, with peanut butter frosting. The kitchen is clean be fore we go to bed, apart from the floor. I've been meaning to scrub that for over a week now. I love the checkerboard floor but the white squares really show the dirt. Didn't think that one out to well.

Meanwhile his our project have taken over the dinning room table. The plates are more of a Maggie project which I am hoping to complete in the next few weeks. I still need to collect some more. See the curtain in the background? Very exciting update, but more on that later.


There seems a division of labor into "pink" chores and "blue" chores. Part of me thinks I should be upset that I am getting stuck with the domestic traditional housewify chores rather than playing with electricity and using power tools. (maybe not the playing with electricity I would rather not tempt fate, the thought of getting zapped is not appeasing for me.) But then I think OMG we are getting stuff done! Who cares that I'm in the kitchen every night. We like to eat good home cooked meals, and well I happen to be much better at cooking than Mr. B and he happens to be better at playing with electricity. Besides it's not like I can't do "blue chores." I am perfectly capable of taking care of things myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment