Sunday, February 24, 2013

I'm Back

Well hello there!
Nice to see you again. 

I took a little break this month. Don't worry it's not you it's me. In all reality there was nothing going on in our lives that I thought was worthy of a little chat. No house projects, no craftiness, no baking. We spent most of this month watching movies. There was a week long Harry Potter marathon and weekend of the Lord of the Rings (don't we sound like nerds). We worked our way through many bowls of popcorn and rediscovered our love of the nacho. Tostitos topped with some sort of meat, cheese, and salsa tucked under the broiler for a few minutes and then topped with a dolop of sour cream. Great dinner for in front of the TV and almost no dishes. 

 I did get allot of quilting done on my sunshine quilt. I'd say it's about 2/3rds done. I can't wait to show you the finished product. The quilting really makes it, by far this is the most intricate quilting I have ever done. Lots of loopies and flowers. Several of my finger tips are calloused from the millions of stitches.  

This weekend we finally made it to the hardware store. We picked up some things to get some little projects done.  My theory is if we have the supplies here it is one less thing to get in the way of getting something done. It seems when I want to do something it requires a trip to town and the thought of driving makes me loose all my ambition. 

Yesterday Mr. B went snow boarding, no broken bones this time. He did fall on his shoulder and it's rather sore this morning. Perhaps I should put him in a bubble or not let him go anywhere with his brother unsupervised. Any-who while he was gone I went to the craft store and the thrift store. My creativity and ambition has been restored!! I think we will be seeing much of each other in the next few weeks. 

Last night I baked. For the first time in over a month!
We are celebrating my Grandma's birthday today and I thought some celebration cupcakes were in order. Nothing to fancy, white cake with butter cream frosting and sprinkles. Sprinkles are practically a necessity around here. 


Don't you just love the little flags. I would love to say that I made them myself. I said I was once again inspired, but not that inspired. I picked them up at the craft store, the are Martha Stewart. Gotta love that lady. The colors remind me of spring, nice and bright and cheery. I am so ready for the snow and winter to be over with. I took down the big snow flakes last week. I told Mr. B I am done wishing for snow. Now I need to find something else to hang on the wall behind the couch. But any way I digress. 

One more picture of the delicious cup cakes.


Until next time!!

M. 



No comments:

Post a Comment