Tuesday, December 18, 2012

I Got My Craft On

A few weeks ago Mr. B was working nights. That meant I had the house to myself in the evening. I got to eat pineapple and tuna salad for dinner (two things he dislikes). Gus and I snuggled on the couch and watched chick flicks. I also got in touch with my inner craft goddess. I made somethings to make the living room feel more warm and cozy this winter. 

New covers for the pillows. 



I've been seeing sweater pillows all over pinterest. I knew they would be perfect in our living room. When I was at Target the other day I saw a small one in the holiday decor. For the price of one small pillow I made four huge ones for the couch.



I found some thrift store sweaters and hacked off the sleeves and sewed them up. I just covered the pillows we had on the couch. I figured in the spring I will just carefully open the seam and take out the pillow to reuse the sweater for next year.

I have also saw some giant snow flakes while perusing Pinterest. They make the perfect seasonal wall art for be hind the couch.


They were supper easy to make. Hot glue, Popsicle sticks aka craft sticks, paint and some ribbon. And I didn't even burn my fingers with the glue.




No comments:

Post a Comment