Monday, August 27, 2012

Lookie What I found

I was mowing the lawn on Saturday. I was in the home stretch, mowing the last part of the lawn over by the duck pool. I saw something in the grass. I stopped the lawn mower and cut the power. I jumped off and snatched it up and ran over by Mr. B. Holding it up I shouted at him. Shouted because I was supper dupper excited and I had ear plugs in.

I found an egg.
A duck egg.
The first one.


I thought I better have a look in the coop. Wouldn't you know I found three more.


Four eggs.
The ladies are starting to pull their own weight. No more free ride for them.

Now we have a new project for the list. Build nest boxes so that the ladies get the idea were to lay. I think they are just dropping them wherever they are standing right now.

We didn't get to see how tasty they were. With out knowing how long they had been sitting I didn't want to risk it. I will be checking the coop every day now. I heard duck eggs are awesome for baking and I have had a hankering for cake..

No comments:

Post a Comment