Saturday, August 18, 2012

Kitchen Curtains

I finally got around to putting some curtains up in the kitchen. The windows did have mini blinds on them, which I left. In the morning the sun blares in this room and it is nice to be able to block it, especially in the hot summer months. The windows needed something more, they were rather bare and needed some dressing up. I decided on a valance something that wouldn't block the view of the back yard but still make it look homey. I couldn't find anything in stores or online that I wanted, so I got crafty and made my own. I even lined them, as the polka-dot fabric was rather thin.



(please ignore the crappy door, that will be replaced soon)

See that hot pan holder. My sista went to Vegas this spring. I told her to bring me back a supper kitschy souvenir. A pot holder with the Vegas strip on it; I think she pulled through.


No comments:

Post a Comment