Friday, April 27, 2012

The Orange Chair



My mother-in-law bought this chair before Mr. B was born. It survived their two moves, three dogs, a cat, and three children. It is faded and worn and the cushion needs a patch job. It still smells slightly of their house, a mixture of woodsmoke and generic fabric softener with a hint of dog. I love this chair. It is squishy, but not to squishy. It's large enough to fit me comfortably, but small enough were I feel wrapped in its warmth. It is the perfect chair for quilting. 


When Gus would stay at his Gammie's and Grandpa's he would curl up in that chair and watch people walk down the street. Like me he fit perfectly in the chair. And as an added bonus the arm rest is the perfect height for a pillow.


Back when my in-laws were moving into their new house my mother-in-law asked me if I would like it, one less piece of furniture to move. Like it, we (Gus and I) would LOVE it!


Since it has moved to our house it has been claimed by Gus. I hardly ever get to sit in it. He takes his prenap nap in it, his nap, and his post-nap nap in it. He even sleeps in it at night. Which is wonder as he is a notorious bed hog. 


While many may think of it as a hideous chair, it has a permanent home here. Gus loves it and I love it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment