Monday, April 23, 2012

Nugglies

I'm an adult and I deserve an adult glass!
But I still LOVE "little kid" food. I use the quotes because I don't think anyone truly grows out of their love of finger food. You can deny it all you want, but deep down everyone has that favorite food from their childhood. Mr. B has a soft spot for grilled cheese and SpaghettieOs. On a rough day mac and cheese and hot dogs will do it for me. And both of us are suckers for chicken nuggets and tater tots. 

Over past year I have shied away from buying allot of the processed premade food. We aren't overly healthy or completely organic by any means, but we are making an effort to be more conscientious about what we eat. By we I mean me and Mr. B goes along with it.

Last night we were planning the menu for the week and making out our grocery list. I was looking online for some inspiration. Mr. B was playing words with friends (supper addictive) and giving his two cents every so often. Anywho, awhile back I had pinned this recipe for homemade chicken nuggets, thinking that it would be great for our niece. Mr. B saw that and chicken nuggets it was. With tater tots. There was no going back.

The recipe was supper easy and delicious. Mr. B gave them a definite make again. While I did make the nuggets completely from scratch, we bought the tots. But hey one out of two isn't bad. Ok one out of three, we did douse everything in ranch. I have made our own ranch dressing before, AMAZING by the way. But I was feeling lazy. I should also start looking for a supper easy homemade tot recipe if this is going to be put in the regular rotation.

I think that you would be able to make a large batch of these and freeze some to pop in the oven later. That, in my book, is always a plus. I think I will make a double batch next time or when there is a great sale on chicken. That way we can be prepared for unexpected little people for dinner. (real little people or those still little at heart) 

Next on the list..SpaghettieOs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment