Sunday, November 2, 2014

Postage Stamp Quilt - Progress


After some contemplation I opted to go with an alternate lay out. While I know the edge to edge postage stamp blocks would have made an stunning quilt I am so glad I changed it up. I did a happy dance as the star took shape over the weekend. Not just on the inside I did an actual dance of joy in my sewing room. 

But I'll let the finished quilt top speak for itself. 



The whole time i was piecing the star I was scheming on how to quilt this. I'm definitely going to give free-motion-quilting a go and there will be some straight-lines in there too. 

Now to find the perfect backing fabric, I think I will stick with the scrappy nature of the quilt and go for a pieced backing. I'm sure I'll be showing you more soon. I'm just to in love with this to put in aside for another project. Not to say I don't have several on the back burning. What quilter isn't without a stack of WIPs. 



No comments:

Post a Comment