Friday, November 14, 2014

Pink Kitty Quilt - Finish

Kitty fabrics, pieced kitty blocks, and lots of pink! I know a little girly who is going to be super happy when she sees this. 

I let the fabric speak for itself with this simple patchwork layout. I used Here Kitty Kitty fabric from Alyssa Thomas supplemented by some other pinks I had in my stash. I pieced some large cat silhouettes to highlight the cat theme.  

The patchwork is straight line quilted following both sides of the seam lines. For the cats I stepped outside my comfort zone and tried free-motion-quilting. I only did the white background. I wanted to make the cats really stand out.

Psst this is only the second time I've ever tried FMQ! You know, besides practice sandwiches which really don't count. I am rather happy with how it turned out. Not perfect by any means but I will never get better unless I jump in and try it. I signed up for a Craftsy class and think it has really helped me out. Love Craftsy - I don't have to leave the house and can stay in comfy pants! AND replay the lesson over and over!








For the back I stayed with the pink theme with a little grey added in there for balance. Pieced backs are my favorite. I think they add some much to the homemade nature of a quilt. 





Now to wait for Christmas to gift this. It's going to be difficult....

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that is SO sweet! Don't you just love gifting the "purrfect" gift!

    ReplyDelete