Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Penny Sampler Quilt - Sneek Peak


Over the past several months I've been plugging away at my newest masterpiece. Right after my crafty room was set up I started taking an online quilting class. We learned several different skills applique, paper piecing, and precise piecing. The practice projects were blocks that were sewn together to make a sampler quilt. Erwin is so gracioulsy modeling it for you.


Two weeks ago I finished the top and am now diligently working at hand quilting. I had originally planned to tie it with pearl cotton. But the more I looked at it and thought about it hand stitching was the way to go. Rather than an all over pattern I am stitching each block individually, decided on the different designs as I go. Once the thing is done I promise a post with an overload of photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment