Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter Brunch and An Egg Hunt

We went to my mothers over the weekend to celebrate Easter. As usual she hosted a delicious brunch. With all manner of wonderful things to eat. 




My big sista made a sausage roll, OMG wonderful.  My little sista made us a spinach and mushroom frittata. Mom supplied the ham, a fruit tray, and some pancakes. I brought the cake. 

She also hosts an egg hunt for the grand-kids. This year it was a scavanger type egg hunt with clues to find your next egg and ultimately your Easter present. My parents and I fun the night before thinking of all the clues. 

Gus on the other hand decided he need to have his egg hunt on Saturday. See these beautiful eggs. Miss Talula Bell has been working on this nest for over a week. 



Gus took himself on an adventure Saturday while we were working on some major renovation project, we shall talk about that tomorrow. His adventure took him all over the neighborhood and then back to the porch, where he found the nest and the four eggs. He snatched them and ate them. All of them! The odds of us having any goslings running around just went way down. I think she will still be laying for the next few weeks. I might have to purchase a incubator and snatch the eggs myself this time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment